Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yearning for yet another game. . .

Oh Tera Online how you make me whine and drool over your pixels. If you haven't heard about Tera Online here's your chance...I have a lot to say. I've been following Enmasse about this game for a while now and finally it's finished their first NA closed beta. Tera is currently being praised for it's true action combat as described on their website ...
"TERA takes the fight beyond whack-a-mole monotony with enhanced aiming, dodging, and tactical timing to create intense and rewarding combat. Unlike other MMOs, you can use your controller or keyboard and mouse to control the action like never before. With all the depth you expect from a traditional MMO, plus the intense gratification of action combat, TERA changes all the rules."-http://tera.enmasse.com/
If you're the average mmorpg veteran you know why you've retired many games...boring combat! After hundreds of hours of button smashing most people get that repetitive attitude and have to re-roll until they just game hop. Especially when your grinding mobs for...oh god why do I even play this game rage#$%@!&^rage lengths of time. The big question I want to have answered is it really going to make the usual grinding monsters and rep quests any better? With the experience I've had while playing small differences in combat don't really make killing that same mob for three hours any better. So far I've been keeping up with some live streams of Tera and they usually say you learn how to kill them and you just continue with that formula. Honestly though, I believe if you want this "true action combat" we'd need the monsters to be scripted to be throwing random attacks in orders we can't even predict so that when we fight we do have to make those split second decisions with our characters movements and timing. Yet it's different for each class and you really have to learn how to play your character so it might just be worth getting through it.We will just have to see how long this new combat can keep the experienced players entertained.

I'm planning on going out this weekend and grabbing me a beta key by simply preordering it...if I don't like it I can just take my five bucks and put it towards anything else I see fit after all.

 To get into the closed beta's you either needed to:
1) Preorder online 2) Go to your nearest Gamestop put down five measly dollars and get in.3) Abuse IGN's trial system. 4) They had a short sign up for testing.

The true action combat is a shining star to those who love to beat each other up in PvP but what am I looking forward to in Tera? It's political system! I'm currently doing more research on it so I'll have to continue my Tera rant later.

No comments:

Post a Comment