Friday, February 24, 2012

Coming home to a crime scene....

I was having a lovely day yesterday. Tera Online on my agenda along with setting up my streaming services and making an appealing youtube and twitchtv background so I could store my Tera videos.The anticipation was killing me and once I got to a stopping point I went to join a nice dinner out with family. Coming home and heading back to my room was normal expect my door was wide open. I have three cats about a year old now who love to explore and have achieved learning to swing themselves on my old door and opening it right up. The only thing I was worried about was that they could've come in and found a nice place to pee on my laundry like they had before *thus I learned to keep my door nice and shut* I went around carrying them out as they mewed at me so cutely to stay in but I know better. Seeing no damage I walked over to my computer desk to sit back down and check on my computer's progress on downloading Tera's client for the upcoming closed beta. To my pure horror I saw the crime scene.
The vase holding a rose on the second row slanted, the flower laying on my laptop. Water splashed all over my laptop dripping down onto my Wacom Intuos drawing tablet. My first reaction was to quickly unplug everything from my computer, pulling out the all the usb plugs, power plug and then tipping my computer over and wiping the water away to pull out the battery. Then it was my turn to freak out...because before me...as I turned the laptop upside down the disc drive gushed water in a little stream. I ran upstairs screaming for help, my poor parents running to see what was killing me. You know those scenes where the hero is carrying some hurt child limply in their arms? Yah that was me but franticly trying to explain how to help me out.

After running across the street to radio shack to buy a screw driver to unscrew the back of my laptop I saw water near the motherboard but not ON it. I took Q-Tips and scanned the hard drive, no damage there. So now my laptop is upstairs open and positioned so it can drip water if its in there. There's no telling for at least a few days to see if it will work. I haven't tested out my tablet yet but I'm cringing at the fact if both are broken i'm out of over two thousand dollars worth of electronics. About to start college this is just the worst timing possible since I need a computer to do graphic work.

I'm quite stressed out over all that but most of all I can't help but be disappointed in not being able to try out Closed Beta. Tomorrow I will be taking the hopefully dried laptop to a computer repair to check it out for me. Hopefully they don't try to nudge me past the 120 bucks I have...after all I am an unemployed seventeen year old.

I hate coming home to crime scenes.

1 comment:

  1. GOD DAMN ANIMALS THINKING THEY ARE CUTE WHEN THEY REALLY JUST FUCK THINGS UP!!! Same thing happened to me sort of last summer with my PS3 with 1st this making me happy (http://tw4n.blogspot.com/2011/05/two-platinum-trophies-in-one-day-oh-my.html) then i got sad the next day (http://tw4n.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-sad-story-with-infamous-2-and-my-ps3.html), Finally I got totally fucked for 3 months or so (http://tw4n.blogspot.com/2011/05/pictures-of-aftermath.html)

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete